How to sign our merchant agreement
This guide explains how you will receive our Terms of Service to sign after successful submission of our merchant onboarding form and KYC call. To accept live (real) payments through Safepay you need to electronically sign our Terms of Service.
To learn more about our Terms of Service, please read this guide. We use Docusign to enter into our Terms of Service with a merchant. DocuSign is a digital transaction platform that lets users send, sign and manage legally binding documents securely. Electronically signed documents mean you do not need to print and scan (or courier) the Terms of Service.
You will receive general communications from Safepay at the email address you have used to create your Production Account.
However, our Terms of Service will be sent to the email address of the authorized signatory of the business that has onboarded with us. This will potentially be different from the person that is integrating Safepay in your organization (for example, the signatory could be the owner or CEO of your organization). If you are confused as to who from your organization should sign the Terms of Service and Use, please contact us.
We will require the following information of the authorized signatory to send out the Terms of Service for signing:
- Email address
- CNIC no. of signatory
- Registered mobile phone number
Steps to sign
- Step 1: You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org telling you that we will be sending our Terms of Service. This will be sent to the email address that you used to create your Production Account.
This is how it will appear in your primary email inbox. If you are unable to see it in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- Step 2: Our legal team sends out the Terms of Service through DocuSign to the merchant authorized representative at the email address they have provided. The merchant authorized representative will receive an email as shown below. The merchant authorized representative will need click to on REVIEW DOCUMENT.
- Step 3: After clicking on REVIEW DOCUMENT, the entire Terms of Service will be open.
- Step 4: The merchant authorized representative can choose from a custom or system generated signatures and initials in order to sign the Terms of Service. The representative will have to put their initials at the bottom of 2 pages covering Safepay Charges and Settlement Schedule. This will be marked on each page with the Initial icon.
- Step 5: The merchant authorized representative will have to sign at the designated signature location on the last page of the Terms of Service. The details of the authorized representative will already have been filled in by the Safepay legal team. After signing the document, the representative will have to click on the FINISH button at the bottom.
- The merchant authorized representative will receive a confirmation email from DocuSign that the Terms of Service have been signed successfully. The representative can view the signed document in their DocuSign account. Safepay will automatically receive a fully signed copy of the Terms of Service so there is no need to email us following this.