How to make a payment using Safepay
Safepay Checkout provides customers a simplified and secure checkout experience directly from their merchant's website.
We've written below some of the most common ways you as a customer will interact with Safepay Checkout. There might be some differences in how the merchant you are buying from has integrated with Safepay. If you have further questions please reach out to your merchant, who will be more than happy to help!
Why a payment can fail
Your online payment can fail for certain reasons. You may have:
- Insufficient money in your bank account
- Entered incorrect details/information in the payment checkout
- Your bank can block an e-commerce transaction. Certain banks require you to enable e-commerce services through your bank account. If your payment fails using your bank account, please contact your bank to enable e-commerce services on your account.
Normally, you only need to follow these steps to complete your transaction using Safepay Checkout from your merchant's website:
Step 1: Click on the Safepay Checkout button
Step 2: Choose which payment channel to use (depending on who you have a bank account open with)
- PayFast: This will open the various payment options available through this payment channel. PayFast is a financial partner of Safepay.
- NIFT ePay: This will open the various payment options available through this payment channel. NIFT e-pay is a financial partner of Safepay.
- Same bank option on both channels? Choose whichever channel through which you would like to pay. This just means that both channels have a relationship with the same bank.
Step 3: Click on the bank with which you have an account open. If you choose to pay using easypaisa read this guide.
Step 4: Enter your credentials and click make payment
Safepay will attempt to authorise the transaction. You will receive a one-time-passcode (OTP) from the bank from which you have chosen to make your payment. Normally, the OTP code is received on the mobile phone or email address associated with the relevant bank account.
Certain banks require you to enable e-commerce services through your bank account. If your payment fails using your bank account, please contact your bank to enable e-commerce services on your account.
Upon completion of the transaction, you will then receive an email from Safepay confirming and summarising the transaction along with details as to how to contact the merchant.
This video shows you how customers will pay using Safepay Checkout.
Important to note
The line item in the bank statement associated with the account that was used to make the payment will show up as either:
- NIFT E-PAY: If you have used the NIFT ePay payment option.
- OPS Internal Settlement Master Account or PAYFAST-APPS: If you have used the PayFast option.
Safepay works with NIFT ePay and PayFast to allow you to pay your favorite merchants using bank transfers or mobile wallets.
For further details on the transaction, you should refer to the email receipt that we send to the email address you have used to complete your transaction. The image above shows the kind of information you will receive in case you need to contact the merchant, or us.