We want to make online shopping in Pakistan more secure and trustworthy.
This page details what your website needs in order to get approved to accept payments through Safepay. Following our requirements reduces the risk of customer confusion and disputes. It also helps you abide by the standards set by credit card companies and helps us comply with provisions set by the State Bank of Pakistan.
When we review your website, if we find any of the following information missing, we may ask you to add the following details before your account is approved.
By creating a Safepay account you agree that you will display the following information on your website (please see Clause 9.4 of our Terms of Service and Use which you agree to by creating an account with Safepay).
| 1. Terms and Conditions: There needs to be a separate page on your website dedicated to this. You need to mention your legal business name and your registered business address in your Terms & Conditions.
| 3. Contact Us: You need to make sure your customers have multiple ways to contact you. The “Contact Us” page should display the Brand name or legal business name, business address, and contact information for customer service support. Easy communication is key to providing good customer service and preventing misunderstandings and disputes. The customer service contact information can be an e-mail address or telephone number. ** In case of international delivery of goods and services both local and internationally accessible telephone numbers must be provided.
| 4. Refund / Cancellation / Return Policy: Explanation of your cancellation, return and refund policy for the end-user. A blanket no return/no refund policy is not acceptable. From our experience, there are legitimate reasons why a paying customer should be able to ask for a return or refund including non-delivery of goods, damaged goods etc. In the event of a disputed payment, we will require evidence of communication between you and your customer to determine the next steps.
| 5. Delivery policy: Explanation of your shipment terms and any export restrictions.
| 6. Description of the products and services: Products prices, currencies, and membership packages must be clearly described.
|7. Website Footer: The footer of your website should have the brand name and business address. Some businesses display their contact us page in their website's footer, as long as that has what our 'contact us' page requires, that is sufficient.|
|8. Email Receipt: Please send us an example of the email order receipt that you send to your customers. When you provide this example, please do not share any personal information of your customers.|
| 9. Cancellation Policy: Explanation of your order cancellation terms and conditions.
| 10. Complaint Handling: Your website needs to have a complaint-handling mechanism, so your customers can reach out to you with complaints, this will prevent disputes and misunderstandings. You can include this in your terms and conditions page or elsewhere on your website. What we require, at minimum is the following:
One of the main reasons why we reject applications to use Safepay is because your website is deficient or misleading in some regard. This includes things like:
- Using stock images - you should use images that reflect the goods that you are selling.
- Displaying images of products that have copyright material (for example, if you are selling watches and are showing this by displaying an image of a well-recognized brand such as Rolex). Unless you are selling a genuine Rolex, you should not be displaying an image of a Rolex on your website.
- Not having terms and conditions.
- All pages and links on your website should be working.
- Not having a return or refund policy that is customized for your website and the items that you are selling (for example, if you are selling perishable goods like fresh food or are selling video content). If you are selling services, your return and refund policy should cover the situation where your customer is not satisfied with the service that they have received from you.
- Making reference to another country of domicile - for example, stating that you have a registered address outside of Pakistan if you do not actually have one. In any event, you must display that your business is based in Pakistan as explained above.
- Displaying dummy testimonials from customers on your website - for example, testimonials from individuals in different countries when you only fulfil within Pakistan.
- Not displaying your portfolio on your website - if you are a web development agency or digital marketing agency, you should be able to display this on your website or send this to us at Safepay so that we are able to authenticate your business.
- Contact information (contact number and electronic mail) must be prominently displayed on the website.