What does Safepay charge?
Our founding principle is to be completely transparent about our pricing model with our merchants. Across all our payments channels and including all of our supported currencies, we charge the same transaction fee. Here is the breakdown of our transaction fee:
For local transactions in Pakistani Rupees (PKR)
- Our charge is per successful transaction is 3.3% + PKR 30
- This is inclusive of all taxes and duties including SST (Sindh Sales Tax on Services)
- The resulting amount will be deposited into your Safepay Business Account.
How this works
Merchant is paid Rs10,000 by a customer through Safepay. The fee payable to Safepay will break down as follows:
- 3.3% of Rs 10,000 is Rs 360
- Fixed amount of Rs 30
Safepay fee is Rs 360 (Rs 330 + Rs 30).
The merchant will receive a net amount of Rs 9,640 (Rs 10,000 - Rs 330) from the original transaction. This will appear on their merchant dashboard.
For international transactions in American Dollars (USD)
- Transactions charged in USD will be converted to PKR at mid-market exchange rates
- Once converted to PKR, Safepay will charge the standard 3.3% + PKR 30 on the converted amount.
- The resulting amount will be deposited into your Safepay Business Account as PKR
How this works
If, for example, you conduct a transaction for $1000 (USD), Safepay will convert that amount to PKR at the current offered mid-market rates. Safepay will never charge you exorbitant foreign exchange fees or additional transaction fees for international transactions. Once the amount is converted to PKR, Safepay will credit your Business Account with the converted amount in (PKR).
If for example the exchange rate is PKR 150.00 to USD 1.00, the converted amount will be Rs150,000 (PKR) and the associated fees will be Rs4980 (PKR). This means that for this transactions, your Safepay Business Account will be credited with Rs145,020 (PKR).
All other transactions
- Quick Bills: Transactions made with Quick Bills are subject to same fee structure described above. No additional charges are applied to transactions made through Quick Bills.
- Connect: Transactions made with Connect are subject to the same fee structure described above. No additional charges are applied to transactions made through Connect.
- Withdrawals: There are no fees for merchants who wish to withdraw their funds from Safepay into their bank account. The associated fees that banks usually charge are paid by Safepay on behalf of the merchant.
Fee structure breakdown
In the interest of transparency, we are providing the community with a breakdown of Safepay's fees. We believe that in the long run this is a small price to pay for accepting major forms of payment from customers worldwide. We guarantee that there are no hidden fees, no yearly fees and no minimum balance to maintain in order to use Safepay
- 3% - To the acquiring bank, the issuing bank and the card network
- 0.3% - To Safepay to fund the continued development and support of our service for you
- Rs 30 - To discourage spam and maintain the integrity of our network