To learn more about your payments go to Payments > Payments from your merchant dashboard as shown below:
This will open your payments dashboard:
Amount: This shows the amount paid with the relevant currency in which it was paid. Any relevant foreign exchange rate that was applied can be accessed by viewing Payment Details. Read this guide to learn more about Payment Details.
Cards: Shows the last 4 digits of the customer card that was used for the transaction. At no point do you receive the full card number of the customer. We also provide information on whether the card was supported by Visa or Mastercard. Read this guide to learn more about what information about your customer you receive.
Customer: Shows the unique token which is ascribed to each customer by Safepay. Details as to actual customer name can be can be accessed by viewing Payment Details.
Date: Date when payment was initiated.
View Payment Detail: This will open a detailed payment page with all details of the payment. Read this guide to learn more about Payment Details.
Refund Payment: By clicking on this you can refund your customer. Read this guide to learn more about refunds.
Payment Status: Status of your payment.
You will normally view the following payment statuses for a transaction:
- This means that your customer's transaction has just begun and is on the first stage of the payment process.
- This means that your customer has completed the next step of the payment process. If the customer proceeds with the next payment step successfully (usually entry of an OTP code generated by the their card issuer) this status will change to captured. However in some instances their card issuer may prevent the customer from completing the transaction for some reason. If a customer's card is showing only as authorized (not captured), your customer will likely have got a notification from their card issuer that money was devoted because his card was authorized. Click the Reverse button to release the authorization for your customer. No money will have actually left your customer's account so tell them not to worry.
- The customer has cancelled this transaction. No further action is required by you.
- The payment has been captured and has settled in Safepay's account. The amount will be reflected in your gross volume. Read this guide to learn more about your Merchant Dashboard.
- You have reversed a transaction. A reversal is different from a refund because the money your customer has paid has never hit the Safepay Account. Read this guide to learn more about reversals.
- A transaction that has been refunded. When you issue a refund for a Settled transaction, the status of that transaction changes to Refunded. Read this guide to learn more about refunds.
- The transaction has entered 3d security authentication step. If a transaction remains on this status then it means customer was not able to complete 3d authentication. This could be for multiple reasons, like the device on which the OTP code was meant to be received was not in the possession of the cardholder.