Last Updated: 21 March 2021
Safepay and privacy
Protecting any personal data we gather as part of our operations is a priority for Intelligent Financial Technologies (“IFT”, “we”, “us” or “our”). This is a responsibility we take seriously and is one of our core values.
- Online visitors to our main website at www.getsafepay.com and or www.getsafepay.pk.
- Persons who register with us as merchants (“Safepay Partners”).
- Persons that sign up to our payment products and/or services in order to conduct transactions with Safepay Partners, in other words, the end customers of our Safepay Partners.
The Personal Data we collect about you
Personal Data is mostly collected by IFT where:
- You visit our website. We do not collect your Personal Data when you visit the website. However, so we can monitor and improve our website and services we may collect non-personally-identifiable information. We will not share or disclose this information with third parties except as a necessary part of providing our website and products and/or services. We may use the information to target advertisements to you.
- You sign up for a Safepay account and provide your full name, address, email address, phone number, account log-in credentials and/or bank account information (such as account name and number). This includes whenever you sign up and use our sandbox environment.
- You sign up for our products and/or services and provide your full name, business name, address, email address, phone number, account log-in credentials, bank account information (such as account name and number) and any identification documentation (including government identifiers) relating to an individual that we require for regulatory and/or our own internal KYC purposes. This includes whenever you sign up and use our sandbox environment.
- You make payments or conduct transactions through our products and/or services. We will receive your name, email address, billing address, shipping address and transaction information. The information that we collect will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. We may also receive your name, email, billing or shipping address and in some cases your transaction history to authenticate you
- You communicate, request information or request assistance from our customer support team and provide your full name, email address and phone number (including any identifier through Whatsapp, Zoom or equivalent technology).
- You communicate with us through other methods including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, (ii) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us, or (iii) by giving us your business card or contact details in other circumstances.
Additionally, when we conduct fraud monitoring, prevention and detection activities, we may also receive Personal Data about you from other publicly available sources (e.g., name, address, phone number, country), as necessary to confirm your identity and prevent fraud. Our fraud monitoring, detection and prevention services may use technology that helps us assess the risk associated with an attempted transaction that is enabled on the Safepay Partner’s website or the application that collects information.
Cookies and Third-party analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect and analyze certain information. You can learn about Google’s practices on the Google website.
The Personal Data about others we collect from you
On certain occasions, in the course of our services, you may provide us with Personal Data of individuals who are not aware of our involvement or of our processing of their Personal Data. For example, if a customer of a Safepay Partner provides the shipping address of another person which is different from their own billing address.
How we use the information we collect
Our general approach is to keep the Personal Data we collect to a minimum.
We use Personal Data for the following:
- Provide you with the required services and/or products.
- Maintain and expand our business relationships with Safepay Partners and potential Safepay Partners.
- Respond to your questions or requests.
- Improve our operations.
- Prevent, detect and manage risk against fraud and illegal activities.
- Comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations
- Target advertisements, newsletter and service updates.
- Improve content and website layout.
- Resolve disputes that may arise.
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
To enable us to provide our services to you on our website, we may share your information with trusted third parties, such third parties include financial institutions, payment processors verification services, as well as any third parties that you have directly authorized to receive your Personal Data.
We share Personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our products and/or services. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers (such as credit card networks) when we provide payment processing services.
We are allowed to disclose your Personal Data in the following cases:
- To a potential buyer if we want to sell our business, or our company.
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people's property, safety or rights.
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
- We may contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include advertising, marketing and other services, including professional services. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. These are the third parties that have access to your information:
- To cloud provider(s);
- Law firms - for the purpose of receiving legal advice;
- Accountants – in order to comply with our legal requirements.
Where any of your Personal Data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely and securely.
We will not share or disclose your Personal Data with a third party without your consent, unless required to by law.
How we protect your Personal Data
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data.
To ensure any card information is kept safe and secure on our servers, we implement access control measures (physical and virtual), security protocols, policies and standards including the use of encryption and firewall technologies in compliance with the PCI DSS Requirements and we implement periodical security updates to ensure that our security infrastructures are in compliance with reasonable industry standards.
We may share your contact information with merchants as part of your purchase details for record purposes. We will not share this information with other third parties except as a necessary part of providing our website and services. We do not store, share or disclose sensitive card information.
We ensure the maintenance of organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse.
In compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, we implement access control measures, security protocols and standards including the use of encryption and firewall technologies to ensure your card information is safe and secure in our servers, additionally, we implement periodical security updates to ensure that our security infrastructures are in compliance with reasonable industry standards.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we store your information?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. This includes for example the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, reporting requirements, to carry out legal work, for the establishment or defence of legal claims.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our services, comply with our legal and statutory obligations or verify your information with a financial institution.
We will delete any Personal Data we store on you in the following circumstances:
- Your account has not been approved by us. In this case we will delete any Personal Data of yours within 20 business days of sending you a rejection email.
- Your account has been terminated by us. In this case we will delete any Personal Data of yours within 20 business days of sending you an account termination email.
IFT is required to retain the data you provide us with in order to process transactions, ensure settlements, make refunds, identify fraud and in compliance with laws and regulatory guidelines applicable to us, our banking providers and card processors. Therefore, even after closing your Safepay account, we will retain certain data to comply with these obligations.
Third Party Privacy Policies